Job Description for Online Tutoring
Tutoring4Less, the tutoring company which brings affordable tutoring options to Los Angeles families, is posting a job description for online tutoring candidates to join our organization. We provide individual, customized tutoring, mentoring, and homework help in all subjects to students K-12. Do you want to work in a fun, positive environment where you mentor and guide students to academic success? You can use your specialist knowledge of specific subject matter to assist students with homework.
We’re seeking candidates available to tutor online from Monday to Friday, 4pm to 9.30pm. This is a work from home position, tutoring 100% online. Tutors will be provided with all the necessary material to tutor students online. Tutoring4Less is responsible for assessing students, scheduling their sessions, and creating learning plans for tutors.
Online Tutor Responsibilities
The responsibilities this position includes are as follows:
- Must have at least two years of college math/English tutoring experience, or 4 years of math/English tutoring experience
- Must be able to pass a background check, including fingerprinting
- Must have a reliable computer with a camera
- Must have reliable internet service
- Must have experience working with Zoom
- Must be able to work at least two days a week from Monday to Thursday, between the times of 4pm and 9.30pm
- Should be able to commit for at least 1 year
- Must be capable of tutoring students in grade T-K-12 in reading, writing, and math
- Must be reliable, enjoy working with children, have strong communication skills, and a commitment to educating and encouraging students
- Should be able to follow directions and be organized with necessary company paperwork
We are particularly interested in candidates who have:
- Special education experience
- Bilingual skills
- Prior relevant work experience (i.e. online tutoring)
- A current position as a school or substitute teacher
Our tutors work with students in pre-K, elementary school, middle school, and high school, providing virtual classrooms for students to develop study skills, complete assignments, and expand their subject understanding. Part time tutoring jobs available.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org